Lately, I’ve been stuck in a downward spiral. Constantly evaluating and criticizing myself for things I’m doing and things I’m not doing. Am I doing enough? or Am I wasting my life away?
I’m struggling with purpose.
I’ve been changing my mind about my plans that I once believed were concrete, decided. What will I do after college? Should I go to graduate school? Do I desire to have a job in the field that I thought? What if I want to learn many more things?
My anxiety has not been nice to me lately. But… I’m working on it, and I will get through it. And so will you.
When you finally accept that it’s okay not to have the answers and it’s okay not to be perfect, you realize that feeling confused is a normal part of what it is to be a human being.”
In this journey to health, happiness, and Jesus, I need GOALS!
“If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.”
This post is mostly for me. To hold myself accountable. I will be checking in with my progress towards these each week.
Mental Health Goals
- Mediate for 5 minutes each day.
- Write in my journal each morning and before bed.
- Take my medicine every day.
- One day of no electronics per week.
Physical Health Goals
- Drink 100oz of water per day.
- Burn at least 500 calories, 5 days a week.
- Walk 10,000 steps each day.
- Run/walk 1.5 miles in 12 minutes.
- Make and follow a meal plan (doing this as I write).
- Complete 1 chapter in my ‘Happiness’ book each week.
- Practice yoga for relaxation.
- Attend Summer Challenge.
- Listen to Jefferson Bethke’s audiobook or podcasts related to God once per week.
- Do something creative once per week (painting, coloring, Pinterest).
I know this is not going to be easy, but it will be worth it.
I’d love to hear your goals and help you stay accountable, too. Comment below!
First things first, my name is Teresa, and I’m a 20 year old college student at Kansas State University. Lately, I haven’t made the best choices and decided to pursue a different direction in my life (& write a blog about it!) And I’m taking you with me!
Before we get into the nitty gritty, here are some fun facts about me.
- I love cats.
- Reading is amazing.
- I’m a triple major in Psychology, Criminology, and Spanish.
- I want to be Dr. Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds when I grow up.
- My two cats are named Kitty Smalls and TuCat.
- I’m an introvert.
- Anddddd…. I’m a really good procrastinator.
As for the questionable decisions I’ve made, we will save those for a later date! LOL
I’d like to tell you a little bit about why I want to follow a different path. First of all, I struggle with anxiety and depression. My life is a constant battle of wanting to be happy and not having the energy or desire to do the things that make me happy. During the last few months, I have lost all desire and concentration that it takes to read a book. That was the last straw for me. Reading has been my favorite activity since I was a young girl, and this disease was not going to take that away from me.
I downloaded an audiobook. A few actually. I tried to listen to podcasts. I could not focus on anything. They would just put me to sleep. So I evaluated other things in my life that could be affecting me. I began to realize just how unhealthy my lifestyle is, physically and mentally. I self-sabotage, procrastinate, don’t take any time for myself, idolized celebrities and other trivial items, and my body was trying to tell me something.
Mental health is just as important as physical health, and I’ve been neglecting both.
This is my journey to find health, happiness, and Jesus.